While France is known for their advanced riding technique and unique style, they are not known for their stunting competitions. Recently we saw the well attended Kurun Streetbike Contest and now the International Extreme Riders contest.
The event was held in the scenic French Alpes and coordinated by the French Old School riding group, Riviera Stunt Riders or RSR. Riders from around the country including the Switch Riders Team, RC2 Team, RSR Team and individuals like Razerback, Kafon and Dadou. The riders participated in the following events:
- International Extreme Riders : A track with obstacles, tricks imposed and a bottle to catch and put in a basket (so funny). Rider have to do the best time to win.
- Circle : Number of circles in 1 minute
- Circle tricks : Number of tricks in circles in 1 minute
- Endo : 40 meters to speed up and 90 meters on endo
- Last Man Standing : In which Daduo broke his collarbone.
- Show Inter Team : Best team after 2 shows
- International Extreme Riders : 1st Razerback - 2nd Kafon - 3rd Tibo
- Circle : 1st Blade - 2nd Thieuma - 3rd K-LU
- Circle tricks : 1st Thieuma - 2nd Tibostunt - 3rd Razerback
- Endo : 1st Blade - 2nd Kafon - 3rd Razerback
- Last Man Standing : 1st Blade - 2nd Thieuma - 3rd Sergei
- Show Inter Team : SwitchRiders
The riders enjoyed two sunny day in the Alpes giving the hard working French riders some much needed competitive riding on French soil. Hopefully the 2010 trend of French competition will continue and the always exciting to watch French riders will get more and more chances to compete and show the world their skills.
Check out the pictures and get to know the French riders:
- Razerback (http://www.julienwelsch.com) - Triumph Street Triple 675 - from Lyon - 5th at the last European contest in Poland
- Kafon - 600 CBR with the logo of the "Famous Stars and Straps" - from Lyon
- K-LU - 954 CBR black and gold - from Montpelier
- The Free-Ride-Team - the 50cm3, young boys from Nice
- Dadou - 636 Monster (but he hurt himself at the first "Last Man Standing" contest)
- Tichach - CB500 white (Only girl to ride this event)
- Joe - CB500 Blue - From Paris
- Jonat - CBR 600 USA
- Sukoï - CBR 929 Yellow
The R2C Team from Normandie:
- Tibostunt - CBR 600 RR 2007 Black
- Crum - CBR 600 1991 Black & Red
The RSR Team from Nice - http://www.rivierastuntriders.com:
- Pegasus - Speaker & rider on a GSX-R 600 2003 (Stock)
- Redg - Organisator, speaker rider etc... on a GSX-R 750 2004 (Stock)
- Sergei - Rider with the GSX-Rs of his friends here above
The Switch Riders Team from Aix en Provence - http://www.switchriders.com:
- Blade - 636 orange
- Tchouf - R6 Black and White
- Kevin - GSX-R 600 2007 with the "Ecko" logo on the tank
- Thieuma - 600 CBR FS black and blue - from AlbiStunt but he rode for the SwitchRiders at this event
Special thanks to our French StuntBums correspondent, Vince from http://www.moterus.fr, for the reporting and photos!